No matter what is causing it, leg pain can be debilitating and significantly reduce the quality of your life. Thankfully, leg pain responds well to chiropractic care. At Circle Chiropractic Center, we have been sharing the benefits of chiropractic care with residents of Fairfax, VA for many years. Following are the answers to some of the questions our chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey, frequently receives regarding leg pain.
What Causes Leg Pain?
The legs contain the largest bones and some of the largest muscles in the entire body. The legs also contain some of the longest tendons and nerves. The legs support the weight of the body, allowing you to move freely. The opportunities for injuries and pain issues to pop up are numerous. Most leg pain issues are a result of injury, strain, or nerve problems. Getting the root cause of your leg pain properly diagnosed is a crucial step in finding lasting leg pain relief.
Can a Chiropractor Help?
Our chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey, will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your leg pain. After the source of your discomfort has been determined, Dr. Frey will create a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs. Rather than masking your pain with prescription medication or performing invasive surgery, chiropractic care addresses pain at its source. Over time, chiropractic adjustments will relieve your pain, restore your range of motion, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
What Treatments Are Available?
When you first visit Dr. Frey, your overall health and wellness will be evaluated. Dr. Frey will use diagnostic tools to pinpoint the cause and location of your leg pain. After this, a treatment plan tailored to your individual needs will be developed. Potential treatment options include:
- Spinal Adjustments: The legs often experience pain and discomfort when the spine is out of alignment.
- Hip Adjustments: Misaligned hip joints can lead to pain and immobility in the legs.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy: This is a non-surgical form of therapy that uses a computer-controlled traction table to gently stretch the spine.
- Cervical Decompression Therapy: This is a non-invasive way to treat pain caused by poorly aligned cervical vertebrae.
- Knee Decompression Therapy: This therapeutic approach encourages healing in the knee, improving knee function, and reducing pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Christopher Frey for Leg Pain Treatment in Fairfax, VA
Call Circle Chiropractic Center, PC today at (703) 385-2990 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey.