Shoulder Pain Treatment with our Fairfax, VA Chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey
Do you dread the thought of pulling an item down from the top shelf of your closet, or reaching behind your back to scratch an itch, because you know you'll experience agony in your shoulder joint? Shoulder pain takes many forms, occurring for many reasons, and many sufferers are as leery of surgical treatment as they are of their pain. But the non-surgical solutions at Circle Chiropractic Center, P.C. could be exactly what you need to get this part of your body back in good working order.
A Complex Joint Prone to Painful Problems
The shoulder joint consists of many different moving parts which work together to give this ball-and-socket assembly its remarkable range of motion. But this complexity also opens the door to a variety of biomechanical problems, including:
- Dislocated shoulder - A dislocated shoulder is a shoulder joint which has popped right out of its socket, usually in association with an impact.
- Shoulder bursae inflammation - Sore, inflamed tendons can rub against the bursae sacs in the shoulder; these structures may then also become inflamed, a condition called bursitis.
- Frozen shoulder - Adhesive capsulitis, also known as frozen shoulder, is a soft tissue stiffness that may occur after a long period of immobility.
- Rotator cuff injury - Damage to the rotator cuff, the set of muscles and tendons that mobilize the shoulder, can range from mild inflammation to major tears.
- Strains and sprains - Sprains and strains in the tendons, ligaments, or muscles of the shoulder can make certain motions painful or impossible.
- Tendinitis - Recurring damage to shoulder tendons can cause a painful state of chronic inflammation and stiffness called tendinitis.
Conservative Treatment from Our Fairfax, VA Chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey
The good news is that only most serious shoulder injuries usually require surgery. Our Fairfax VA Chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey, can inspect your shoulder thoroughly, analyzing your symptoms and range of motion, to isolate the origin of your pain. Treatment may include several forms of natural care. A dislocated shoulder will definitely benefit from chiropractic adjustments that can place the joint back into its proper alignment. If your pain is actually being referred from your cervical spine or shoulder blade, we may perform chiropractic adjustments to those structures instead. A combination of laser therapy, massage, and physical rehabilitation therapy can help you regain shoulder flexibility and enjoy natural pain relief as the tissues heal.
Bring Your Shoulder to Circle Chiropractic Center, P.C. In Fairfax, VA
Don't go through life with only one working shoulder. Bring that painful shoulder to Circle Chiropractic Center. P.C. for prompt evaluation and effective treatment. Call our Fairfax clinic at 703-385-2990 today!