Welcome to Circle Chiropractic Center, PC conveniently located in Fairfax. We provide individualized, skilled, and knowledgeable chiropractic care and are here to heal your sciatica and lower back pain.
Sciatica is actually a pain in the nerve caused by either an injury or irritation to the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts in the gluteal/buttock region. It is the longest and the thickest (almost finger-wide) nerve. Sciatic Nerve consists of five nerve roots – two from the lower back region known as the lumbar spine and three from the final section of the spine called the sacrum. Together, the five nerves form a right and left sciatic nerve running through both hips, buttocks, and down the legs ending just below the knees.
Lower Back Pain
Sciatic pain occurs when there is an injury to a nerve-an inflammation or irritation or pinching or compression of a nerve in the lower back region. The pain comes anywhere along the sciatic nerve’s path; anywhere from the lower back, through the hip, buttock, or down your leg. Sciatica can cause muscle weakness in the leg and foot; numbness or an unpleasant tingling pins-and-needles sensation in the lower leg, foot, and toes.
Sciatic pain differs from person to person. Sciatica pain depends on where the nerve is pinched along the spinal column. Disc herniation may cause sudden Sciatica and Arthritis in the spine can cause Sciatica to develop gradually.
Aging, past injury, obesity, weak core, heavy physical jobs, or improper posture are major risk factors governing Sciatica.
Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica
- Misaligned vertebra: we use massage, applied pressure, and hands-on manipulation (adjustment) of the vertebrae and joints
- Disc herniation: we check for normal reflexes, muscle strength, and if there is a loss of sensation along the path of a nerve.
- Degenerative disc disease: we find out if the mechanics of the spine are being obstructed by the degeneration of spinal joints by looking for bulging joints.
- Spondylolisthesis: we won’t attempt to reduce it; instead, we will look into mechanical and neurological causes of pain and take care of the spinal joints above and below the slipped vertebra and provide relief from pain.
- Other potential causes for the misalignment of the spine could include lumbar spinal stenosis, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, a lumbar herniated disc, piriformis syndrome
Circle Chiropractic Center, PC in Fairfax adjusts the sciatica patient’s spine gently and safely by spinal decompression. Our spinal decompression has saved patients from invasive procedures like spine surgery and addictive drugs given for pain relief.
Sciatica Treatment in Fairfax, VA
You do not have to give up your active life. Visit us at Circle Chiropractic Center, PC in Fairfax. We will develop a treatment plan for your sciatica symptoms and strive to stop your sciatic pain and improve mobility.