If you are suffering from upper back pain, you don’t have to let it control your life. Chiropractic care can help identify the root cause of your pain and provide personalized treatment to naturally alleviate it. If you are looking for back pain relief in Fairfax, our team at Circle Chiropractic Center is here to help.
Causes of Upper Back Pain
There are many causes of upper back pain, but the most common ones we see at our clinic include:
- Sprains and strains: Auto accidents, sports accidents, and slip and falls may cause tendons and ligaments in the upper back to tear, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Osteoporosis: As you age, your vertebrae lose density and volume, making them vulnerable to painful breakages.
- Osteoarthritis: The degeneration of the cartilage cushioning the vertebrae causes the bones to rub against each other, leading to pain.
- Poor posture: Lifting weights, sleeping, or sitting down in an unnatural posture may put excessive strain on the back, causing pain.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing down of the vertebrae column puts pressure on the spinal structures, causing upper back pain.
If upper back pain is weighing you down, please book an appointment with our chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey. Delaying treatment or managing your stubborn upper back pain with home remedies can lead to other health complications later in life.
When You Should See a Chiropractor for Upper Back Pain
Sometimes, back pain can resolve on its own. However, in some instances, you need the services of a chiropractor for effective treatment. You should seek treatment for upper back pain if:
- Home remedies aren’t working
- Pain is intense
- You have leg weakness or tingling in your legs
- After an accident, such as a car accident, sports accident, or slip
- Pain is radiating to the neck
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
Before starting any treatment plan, we will first diagnose the root cause of your pain. During your first consultation, we will ask you to describe your pain, run various physical tests, and require imaging tests if necessary for a thorough assessment. Once we have a proper diagnosis, we will create a treatment plan that uses various non-invasive techniques, including:
- Spinal manipulation to align out-of-position joints
- Chiropractic adjustments to relax tense muscles
- Spinal decompression to create spaces in the vertebrae column
- Cold laser therapy to treat arthritic pain, sprains, and strains
Visit Us for Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Fairfax, VA
Please schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Frey, for effective back pain treatment at Circle Chiropractic Center.